- 2018 Conference
- Past Conferences
- Contact Us
Jane Balbo is a family doctor providing medical care to transgender people since 2012. She has taught seminars on “how to provide medical care including hormones for transgender patients” to physicians, NPs, PAs, and medical students. She is passionate about increasing the number of providers who do this, particularly in rural Ohio.
Presentation: Trans* Care Boot Camp: Providing medical care – including hormones – to transgender patients… a hands-on workshop for primary care physicians, nurse practitioners and physicians’ assistants who WANT to do this, but aren’t sure how to get started
Time: Breakout Session 1 and Breakout Session 2
Balbo will present on how to provide medical care – including hormones – to transgender patients in a hands-on workshop for primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, and physicians’ assistants who WANT to do this, but aren’t sure how to get started.
1. Describe how to make your office welcoming to trans* patients.
2. Describe the application of WPATH 2012 Standards Of Care.
3. Delineate the differences between “Therapist Letter” versus “Informed Consent” approaches to trans* health care.
4. Locate and describe three Primary Care resources for providing health care to trans* individuals.
5. Apply the UCSF Primary Care Guidelines to adult patient scenarios.
6. Explain coding and billing related to medical care for trans* patients, regardless of insurance/lack thereof.