Charlotte Belland is Chair & Associate Professor of Animation at the Columbus College of Art & Design and is notorious for her artistic study of animals. Through analogue ink drawings, digital sculpture, and augmented reality, Charlotte adapts a wide range of mediums in the exploration of animal forms. Her favorite drawing medium is ink because it keeps her focused in the present and committed to the line. Charlotte holds an MFA in Computer Animation from The Ohio State University.
Activity: Meditation with Ink: Finding Tranquility through the Repetitive Process of Drawing
Time: 11Am – 12PM
1. Participants will practice a series of ink-drawing techniques that focus the mind, calm the spirit, and sharpen the observational eye.
2. How to hold the brush to control the ink.
3. Identifying the essence of the subject from reference photos.
4. Staying in the moment and forgiving “mistakes”.
5. Learn how to draw a variety of animals, plants, and unicorns.